Nuggets

I've been blaming my busy life for my failure to update this blog very often. And that is partly true. The other guilty party is Twitter. I tend to tweet about silly things the kids say or do more often that I blog about them lately.

Here's a good one from C (newly five-years-old) from today:

  • "Mom, is it okay if I say the word 'shit'?" (Uh, nope.) "Okay."


And from Twitter over the past few months:

  • "Don't lick my bandaid." (One twin to the other.)
  • Most important events of 2011, according to M (age 9): Osama bin Laden killed and The Muppets released.
  • Just found out parent meeting for daughter's new Brownie troop will be at Tanners [a bar]. Love this troop already..
  • Just got into major argument with my husband abt Jay-Z. Of course, he was drunk. My husband, not Jay-Z.
  • My directionally challenged husband: "Did you know Martin City isn't at 151st and Kenneth Road anymore?" Yeah, it never was...Good God
  • My 4YO has suddenly turned Canadian. Keeps telling me to "forgetabootit".
  • I have been anointed as the "worst mom ever" by my smallest kid. Just surprised it took until after 5 o'clock
  • "I wish only Dad & me lived here. Not you." So says the 4YO, who follows it up with "I'm ready to be nice now. Can I go outside?"
  • I've seen (but don't understand) husband/wife FB accts before. Today, I saw a joint LinkedIn acct. Is there a rational explanation for this?
  • My 4yo just informed me that "booty" is not a bad word. And that marshmellows are now called "barfmellows". Oh, to be 4...
  • One of my four year olds just told me he was going to bed. Is now putting himself to bed. Aaaaaand, he's back. "Just kidding," he says.
  • Call me a bad mom if you will but preschool Christmas programs are excruciating.
  • I hope they don't discover that Febreze causes cancer at some point. My existence (with 3 sons & a husband) depends on Febreze. Ew.
  • Yesterday, all of my kids were singing Red Solo Cup. Today, Friday by Rebecca Black. 2012 goal? Force my kids to listen to better music.


Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs