And I Cried.

My first child had a little issue with haircuts as a small person. He was banned from Great Clips at age 2 1/2. The whole thing kinda freaked him out. Tears, snot, screaming, squirming.

It's all good now. He sorta even likes getting his hair did now.

My little guys have had several haircuts over their three years. And, other than the first one or two (which occurred on my bathroom counter with me on the shears), they've had them done at the local children's hair salon. The one with race car seats and buckets of DumDums. Because there's nothing better than a sticky sucker coated with bits of hair. Mmmmm.

My husband has been chomping at the bit to buzz the babies' hair (and, yes, they're still my "babies"). C had a nice floppy, bowl-ish look going. H had...well, he had a mess of hair. Thin but wild.

Hello, floppy.

Hello, wild.

I pushed him off for months but finally relented and said that he could buzz them for summer. Summer came early this weekend because they really needed cuts and I couldn't rationalize going to spend $30 on cuts now, when they were going to be buzzed in a month.

So, my boys lost their hair this weekend. And I cried. No sobs. But definitely tears.

They're suddenly not my "babies" anymore...sigh. (And we've sufficiently annoyed my mom - who hates the buzz cuts with every fiber of her being. Hi mom!)

(To explain the pics, my husband takes the boys on the deck with clippers. Less mess. Incredibly white t.)

Getting used to the clippers.


And, scalped.


This moment brought to you by my deck. I love my backyard in the spring. 'Cept for the pollen.


More clipper-getting-used-to action.

Good god, that was a lot of very fine hair. (And yes, his pants and shirt are on backwards. He is very much a "I do it myself" kid.)



This is his camera smile. He clearly needs Tyra Banks' help.



Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs