How Do You Answer This One?

Last week, after soccer practice while walking to the car, G saw a pregnant woman. He remarked that she was having a baby. And then, as we walked, he asked me how babies get out of their mothers' tummies to be born.

Hmmm.

I took the easy way out and said, "Well, there's a few different ways. But one way is the way that our babies, C & H, were born. The doctor actually cuts a little slit in the mom's belly and gets the babies out and then uses stitches to close up the cut."

I knew that G would be distracted by the mention of stitches. And I was right. The original subject was dropped.

Until this week.

Again, as we walked to the car after soccer practice, at the exact same spot that he asked last week (and apropos of nothing this week), G said, "So, what's the other way a baby gets out to be born?"

Crap. I fumbled with words and thoughts and then said, "Well, that's a little hard to explain." And then I paused to think about how to answer him.

And then the little shit gave me an out. "You think about it for a while, Mom. And you can tell me later."

And then he asked to go to McDonald's.

How much longer can I dodge this bullet?

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs