Disposable

My 7YO was getting ready for school today when I asked her to hurry up and find her shoes. She had gym today, so my request was specifically for sneakers.

She turned and asked me if it okay if she wore her Converse. The Converse were her go-to sneaker over the summer and at the beginning of the school year but quickly became kind of a pain to get on and off (and were also filthy). So, I said, "No, just put on your adidas."

And then, she told me the following:

"Well, the shoelaces were fraying and kind of broken so I threw them away."

"Oh, that's okay," I said, "Wear your Converse today and I'll get new laces for the adidas at Target."

"But I threw them away."

"Your SHOES?!"

"Yes."

"WHEN?!"

"Last week." (i.e., before last Friday when the trash was picked up)

So, my kid threw out a perfectly good pair of running shoes because the shoe laces were frayed. And didn't tell me until it was too late.

I don't even know what else to say about that. I just don't know what to say. I'm a little peeved.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs