One Day Down...


These guys started Mother's Day Out yesterday. They will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 2:30.

Their first day was terrific. C even told me that playing outside at school was "awesome". They played and had circle time and ate lunch at a table with the rest of the kids.

Next week, they'll stay a little longer and have naptime too. (We'll see how that goes...)

I think I'm going to really enjoy the time on my own. It's been a while.

I didn't think I would miss them. And I didn't while they were there. But when I returned and saw them through the doorway, minding their manners, sitting at the lunch table like such big boys? And when their faces lit up when they finally noticed I was there? My heart ached just a little bit - partly because I realized that I had actually missed them a bit and partly because I realized, in that moment, that my babies were on their way to not being my "babies" anymore.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs