I Can't Decide If Being Rich Sounds Boring or Awesome

Today on the way home from piano lessons, my seven-year-old said - out of the blue - "I wish we were rich."

We live a comfortable life. I am able to stay home with my kids. We drive newer cars. My children have never wanted for anything (although we do try to teach them the value of money and try not to overindulge them). Other than the fact that my husband is currently out of a job (Oh! Have I not mentioned that? Well, let's just call that a story for another day. And there is a good deal of severance, so we're fine. Thanks.), we're doing just fine for ourselves. So, I'm wondering what it is that the seven-year-old mind thinks about being rich.

So....I ask him why he wishes we were rich.

G: So we could have a robot that does all of our cooking and cleaning and laundry.

Me: Oh. Well, then what would I do?

G: You could just relax and watch every TV show you want to watch. Or even just play on the computer.

Me: Wouldn't I be bored?

G: No. Mom, you just don't understand rich people's lives.

Me: I guess not.

G: Oh! And the housecleaning robot could turn into a jet plane and Dad could fly on it to work whenever he wanted to.

Methinks someone's been watching Richie Rich cartoons on Boomerang...

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs