Slug Bugs

The big kids have had a fierce running battle over "slug bugs" for many years. They started as preschoolers, spotting VW Beetles and yelling, "[insert color here] SLUG BUG! NO TAG-BACKS!"

They did not, and still do not, know that the game really requires that you "slug" someone when you spot the Bug. Thus, "no tagbacks."

M claims that she has thousands and millions of slug bugs and is, therefore, the perennial front-runner in the competition. So, good mother that I am, I help G beat her whenever possible.

The other day, I was driving G home from piano (Okay, fine. We were on our way to McDonald's after piano. Sue me.) And I saw a vintage Beetle, based on the vintage car plates it had, I'd venture to guess that it was a '72. That Beetle and me? Guess we're both "vintage."

Anyway. I pointed it out to G and said, "Hey! Check out that old slug bug!"

"Oh. My. Gosh. Mom! That is so old! It must be from like. Like....like....1987 or something!"

Shithead.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs