More CCD Chatter

We discussed saints tonight. I asked if anyone could tell me the name of a saint. After some silence, Angelina raised her hand and said, "Oooh, oooh, ummm, that lady, you know, Jesus' mom. I can't remember her name."

I quiz these children every week on who makes up the Holy Trinity and the Holy Family. And you'd think that my class of mostly Hispanic Catholic kids might be able to come up with the Blessed Mother, Mary, Mother Mary, Our Lady of Guadalupe. Something. But no.

I have failed.

Their penance was to start learning the Hail, Mary. Or as Alysia called it "the one with the fruit in it."

Prior to this, in the midst of our discussion of saints, unprompted by any apparent conversational fragment, Alysia raised her hand.

"Yes, Alysia?"

"When I was a baby, my fifth word was salad."

"....."

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs